- Tailor made workshops
- Regional study days
- Other organisations' events
- Doctors' bereavement training
- Training for schools
- eLearning: Supporting bereaved pupils
- Bereavement in the workplace training
- Consultancy and support
- CPD and Accredited Training
- Our training centre
Support & Information
0800 02 888 40
Paediatric post mortem - communicating with bereaved families
In collaboration with AAPT (Association of Anatomical Pathology Technology)
To provide information and understanding in relation to post mortem examination and develop confidence in sensitive communication with bereaved parentsSupporting HTA Codes of Practice (2009) around consent, donation and post mortem.
- gain knowledge about different types of post mortem examination
- understand what happens at a paediatric post mortem
- increase confidence in talking to bereaved parents about post mortem examination
- explore the issues around retaining tissue
- get a clearer understanding of the need for consent
- update knowledge of current research projects and Human Tissue
- authority guidance.
Who should attend?
For professionals whose work involves helping bereaved families around the time of death, including doctors, nurses, midwives, mortuary and pathology staff, police and coroner's officers and all those working in a bereavement support role within the NHS.
Buckinghamshire - Wednesday 5th April 2017 (NEW DATE)
Venue: Child Bereavement UK, Wycombe Road, Saunderton, Buckinghamshire, HP14 4HU
Fee: £120. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Times: 10.00am to 4.00pm (Registration from 9.30am)
Booking: Buckinghamshire - Book online
If it isn't possible to book online, or you wish to pay on invoice, please use our course booking form.
If you are interested in future dates, please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can't attend these sessions, please sign-up to our training eNewsletter and we will keep you up to date with relevant training sessions as they come up in your area.