- Tailor made workshops
- Regional study days
- Other organisations' events
- Doctors' bereavement training
- Training for schools
- eLearning: Supporting bereaved pupils
- Bereavement in the workplace training
- Consultancy and support
- CPD and Accredited Training
- Our training centre
Support & Information
0800 02 888 40
Grief and bereavement in schools
To develop the skills, knowledge, understanding and confidence to support pupils who are experiencing loss and grief.
- develop an understanding of the impact of loss and grief on children and young people's physical and emotional health, including their learning
- gain insight into children and young people's reactions to loss and grief and how a school might respond in order to meet the needs of grieving pupils
- acquire ideas for pastoral support appropriate for a primary or secondary school environment
- devise a framework for an appropriate response to death enabling you to write your own bereavement policy
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Each school attending this scheduled workshop will receive a copy of our Schools Information Pack - Supporting Bereaved Children and Young People in School. (Also available to purchase at £10.00 per pack).
Who should attend?
Suitable for anyone who works in a primary or secondary school, including teachers, head teachers, learning mentors, school nurses, other support staff and Governors.
Buckinghamshire - Tuesday 29th November 2016
Venue: Clare Charity Centre, Wycombe Road, Saunderton, Buckinghamshire, HP14 4BF
Fee: £120. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Times: 10.00am to 4.00pm (Registration from 9.30am)
Booking: Buckinghamshire - Book online
If it isn't possible to book online, or you wish to pay on invoice, please use our course booking form.
For further information or to book a place please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can't attend these sessions, please sign-up to our training eNewsletter and we will keep you up to date with relevant training sessions as they come up in your area.