- Tailor made workshops
- Regional study days
- Other organisations' events
- Doctors' bereavement training
- Training for schools
- eLearning: Supporting bereaved pupils
- Bereavement in the workplace training
- Consultancy and support
- CPD and Accredited Training
- Our training centre
Support & Information
0800 02 888 40
Communicating with families when children have a life-limiting condition and complex needs
To provide an overview of the family's difficulties from the point of diagnosis and to examine ways to reduce overlapping of provision within services to minimise pressures on the family.Supporting 'Better Care: Better Lives, Improving outcomes and experiences for children, young people and their families living with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions' DH 2008.
- gain a deeper understanding of families' needs
- identify general family pressures, enabling professionals to facilitate focused support services
- gain an understanding of parents' responses to loss and grief before and after their child's death
- explore and develop our self-awareness and support for ourselves
- identify the role of a 'key worker' in view of National Service Framework recommendations
- become familiar with useful tools to aid communication between service providers and families
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
Suitable for professionals based in the community or in a hospital setting.
Buckinghamshire - Thursday 23rd February 2017
Venue: Child Bereavement UK, Wycombe Road, Saunderton, Buckinghamshire, HP14 4HU
Fee: £120. Fees for participants include course materials, a CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch.
Times: 10.00am to 4.00pm (Registration from 9.30am)
Booking: Buckinghamshire - Book online
If it isn't possible to book online, or you wish to pay on invoice, please use our course booking form.
For further information or to book a place please email the Training Department or call us on 01494 568909.
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can't attend these sessions, please sign-up to our training eNewsletter and we will keep you up to date with relevant training sessions as they come up in your area.