- Our courses
- Tailor made workshops
- Regional study days
- Other organisations' events
- Doctors' bereavement training
- Training for schools
- eLearning: Supporting bereaved pupils
- Bereavement in the workplace training
- Consultancy and support
- CPD and Accredited Training
- Our training centre
Training, Consultancy and Support Services
Child Bereavement UK is the leading provider of training to professionals, helping them to better understand and meet the needs of grieving families.
All our training is based on learning from bereaved families, helping professionals to understand the needs of distressed families and children, and how appropriate support from the outset can have positive and sustained benefits for their future wellbeing. We also encourage professionals to reflect on their own feelings and experiences to support them in this emotionally demanding work.
- training delivered by skilled facilitators, combining subject knowledge and facilitation expertise, with extensive experience of working in their particular field of bereavement
- fully interactive training that uses a variety of teaching methods to ensure that participants gain as much from the course, develop confidence, skills and strategies in supporting bereaved children and families
- some training is accredited by OCN (London)
- all our training contributes to CPD
- supporting course materials and CPD Certified certificates of attendance are provided
With all our training we encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
To receive our training eNewsletter sign up here
"This is the second Child Bereavement UK course I have attended and considering the subjects, I felt I walked away with more knowledge and also gained a lot about my own thoughts and feelings. The facilitators were very open, honest and encouraging which made me feel comfortable."
Participant on 'Suicide – the Impact on Families'